posted 19 days ago by RVCOADjst from United Way of Jackson County Labels: fema

(This information provided via Sandra Slattery of the Ashland Chamber from their insurance agent)

What kind of disaster assistance can FEMA provide? It depends on the type of your disaster damages. If your home is damaged and you cannot live there safely, you may be eligible for temporary housing assistance. If you’re a homeowner, you could also be eligible for money to help with the cost of repairing damages not covered by insurance. Owners and renters could be eligible for money to help replace furniture, clothes or other damaged personal items.

If you have other serious disaster-related needs, you could be eligible for money to help with expenses such as medical, dental and transportation costs.

FEMA can also help you contact other disaster recovery agencies that may be able to help you on the road to recovery. For example, you may be able to qualify for a low interest disaster loan through the Small Business Administration (SBA). The SBA will require a separate loan application.

What do I need to do? If you have insurance, please call your insurance company before calling FEMA. Only damages that are NOT covered by insurance can qualify for FEMA disaster assistance. By law we can not duplicate benefits.

Apply for assistance with FEMA. Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585 to apply by telephone.

How can I check the status ofmy application? Go to www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362 or TTY 1-800-462-7585. It’s important to remember that FEMA programs offer temporary assistance and are not designed to return individuals to pre-disaster status.


No comments yet.

Post a new comment

News by topic

Other recent news